Selection of resources for Reading Rampage 2019-20
Audio and EBooks
CLS reading list within their catalogue
- Shortlist: https://uk.accessit.online/lcs00/?serviceId=ExternalEvent&rlSn=1353&rlKey=815308070
- Recommends: https://uk.accessit.online/lcs00/?serviceId=ExternalEvent&rlSn=1363&rlKey=1679515403
Leicester Libraries Overdrive page – Reading Rampage & Recommends 2020 – https://leicesteruk.overdrive.com/library/teens (EBooks and Audio)
- The Longest Night of Charlie Noon by Christopher Edge – https://tinyurl.com/charlieAUDIBLE
- How to Rob a Bank by Tom Mitchell – https://tinyurl.com/bankAUDIBLE
- The Star Outside My Window by Onjali Q Rauf – https://tinyurl.com/starAUDIBLE
- The Day I Was Erased by Lisa Thompson – https://tinyurl.com/erasedAUDIBLE
- Because of You by Eve Ainsworth – https://tinyurl.com/becauseKINDLE
- The Disconnect by Keren David – https://tinyurl.com/disconnectKINDLE
- The Longest Night of Charlie Noon by Christopher Edge – https://tinyurl.com/charlieKINDLE
- The Closest Thing to Flying by Gill Lewis – https://tinyurl.com/closestKINDLE
- How to Rob a Bank by Tom Mitchell – https://tinyurl.com/bankKINDLE
- The Star Outside My Window by Onjali Q Rauf – https://tinyurl.com/starKINDLE
- Oh My Gods by Alexandra Sheppard – https://tinyurl.com/ohmygodsKINDLE
- The Day I Was Erased by Lisa Thompson – https://tinyurl.com/dayerasedKINDLE
- The Switching Hour by Damaris Young – https://tinyurl.com/switchingKINDLE
Leicestershire County Council Digital Library Services – https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/leisure-and-community/libraries/digital-library-services/ebooks (search for How to Rob a Bank, The Longest Night of Charlie Noon and The Switching Hour )
- How to Rob a Bank (audiobook): https://tinyurl.com/bankBBAB
- Charlie Noon (ebook): https://tinyurl.com/charlieBBEB
- Switching Hour (ebook): https://tinyurl.com/switchingBBEB
Author Selfie Clips
Alexandra Shepphard – Oh My Gods
Gill Lewis – The Closest Thing to Flying
Jenni Spangler – The Cell
Keren David – The Disconnect
Lisa Thompson – The Day I was Erased
Tom Mitchell – How to Rob a Bank
Challenges to win prizes….
Challenge 1: We love to see what you are reading- why not take and share a reading selfie #ReadingRampageLeicesterLeics #ReadingSelfie
Challenge 2: Can you create a Book in a Jar for one of the #ReadingRampageLeicesterLeics books? Share your designs with us to win!
Challenge 3: Can you review the books you’ve read during #ReadingRampageLeicesterLeics in 280 characters or less?
Challenge 4: Create a book trailer for one of this year’s #ReadingRampageLeicesterLeics books & share it with us
Challenge 5: Can you create a new book cover for one of the #ReadingRampageLeicesterLeics books? Share your designs with us to win!
Challenge 6: Are you an EXTREME reader? We are challenging pupils & staff to share pics in the strangest & most entertaining locations whilst reading one of this year’s #ReadingRampageLeicesterLeics books
Challenge 7: We have used some of the books in our #ReadingRampageLeicesterLeics video clip – can you tell us the book & author of the books used?
Challenge 8: Can you create a bookmark based on this year’s #ReadingRampageLeicesterLeics books? Share your designs with us
Challenge 9: Find out five facts about the #ReadingRampageLeicesterLeics book you are reading or have just finished and share the facts with us. These facts could be about the book, author or setting.
Challenge 10: How many of the #ReadingRampageLeicesterLeics challenges have you completed?